We’re Hiring a New Director of Products!
- February 22, 2018
- CiviCore Team
CiviCore is a growing Software as a Service (“SaaS”) company serving nonprofit organizations and public- sector agencies throughout the US and the world. We are organized as a Public Benefit Corporation with a strong social mission to build capacity in the social sector through the development and implementation of great software.
Our software as a service platform supports products that enable online philanthropy, client/case management and scholarship application management. Our accomplishments include processing over $100 million a year in philanthropic dollars and providing software to 1,000’s of great nonprofit organizations located all over the world.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Director of Products to help us further build on our success. Please see the job description, responsibilities, competencies, and qualifications listed below. If you are interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Director of Products role is a new position at CiviCore and will be responsible for overseeing the overall direction of our product work. This person will be responsible for managing our product portfolio and managing our team of internal product owners.
- Fostering an intense focus on delivering exceptional value to our clients in support of our clients’ missions
- Bringing to market revenue-generating, customer-driven software products while managing the entire product lifecycles from strategy to execution
- Providing exceptional strategic product thinking based on a sound understanding of the competitive landscape of the niche areas we serve
- Performing market and client research to identify and capitalize on trends, new technology, and industry changes.
- Providing a big-picture vision of the industry through a blend of business and technical expertise.
- Communicating vision, strategy, and roadmaps to external and internal stakeholders
- Recommending pricing strategy, understand competitive position for our product offering.
- Monitoring adoption and revenue impact of new features and enhancements. Report on release impact as necessary.
- Developing processes that support all aspects of external and internal workflow supporting product management.
- Ensuring that new features, products, and enhancements are frequently validated and added.
- Leading and mentoring the product management team to shape the future direction of our products
- Participating in sales & marketing campaigns including client roundtables, sales demonstrations and user conferences.
- Working closely with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Project Management and Customer Success teams to support all aspects of product development and implementation.
- Aligning product management objectives and KPIs with company objectives and KPIs
- Ability to work with clients at a conceptual and technical level
- Experience using a variety of tools to support the product development process
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and negotiation skills with cross-functional teams, customers and management
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and advance a vision for continuous improvement
- Experience conducting UX-related research, including stakeholder and user interviews
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement marketing and sales strategies
- Experience with market research and analysis
- Experience crafting marketing messages and client communication
- Bachelors’ degree
- 5+ years of software and/or technology product management experience
- MBA and/or other related graduate degree (preferred)
- Experience managing multiple products
- Knowledge of Software as a Service processes and metrics
- Strong analytic orientation and a focus on metrics
- A passion for the nonprofit sector and a desire to make a difference!
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and our specific client niches (highly desirable)