Sustain & Grow Your Gives Day!
July 22-24, 2019
Please join us July 22-24 for the 2019 CiviCore Giving Collaborative. Our annual conference includes presentations from CiviCore staff and words of wisdom from industry experts, all to help you optimize the success of your giving event. You’ll meet your CiviCore Project Managers in person and be the first to hear about new features and functionality coming to the platform.
The Giving Collaborative has a new format in 2019!
Part 1: Monday, July 22nd and Tuesday, July 23rd (morning only, including lunch)
- Open only to current CiviCore Giving Platform clients.
- Network and open discussion with dozens of your giving event peers — often said by our clients to be the greatest value of attending the Collaborative.
- Attend interactive presentations by and for community foundations. Topics will follow this year’s theme of creating and sustaining giving event growth.
- Hear the latest features and plans for the CiviCore Giving Platform. Cast your vote and provide input for new features and functionality.
Part 2: Tuesday, July 23rd (afternoon), through Wednesday, July 24th
- Keynote by Chic Naumer, CiviCore CEO
- One or two guest speakers (TBD) to provide food for thought for the workshop, e.g., new technologies or concepts that could be used to drive growth for your event
- A Design Lab Workshop: Use Design Thinking to Sustain and Grow Your Gives Day, led by Beth Kanter
- Brainstorm and develop your multi-year giving event growth plan during an extensive workshop leveraging the highly interactive Design Lab methodology (based on Design Thinking Principles by The Luma Institute)
- For an example, visit Beth Kanter’s website. The Workshop at the 2019 CiviCore Giving Collaborative will use Design Thinking to help you sustain and grow your giving event — very similar to how Beth applied the concept in her blog.
Stay tuned: a detailed agenda will be posted here before the end of April.
DATE: July 22-24, 2019
LOCATION: Community First Foundation, Arvada (Denver), CO. See map below for details.
We start first thing Monday morning and have a dinner event Monday evening for all Part 1 attendees (CiviCore clients only). Part 1 will end after lunch on Tuesday. Those not staying for Part 2 will be able to catch late afternoon or evening flights/car rides home.
Part 2 begins after lunch on Tuesday and runs through 3 or 4pm on Wednesday, July 24th.
Attire is business casual.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Enjoy discounted rate at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Call 303-424-8300 and ask for our booking specialist Felicia Romero. With the discount code ‘CV1,’ you can book a room with either two queen beds or one king for $119 + tax.
Accommodations are also available at a discounted rate at the Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver. Using this booking link, you can secure a room with either two queen beds or one king for $149 + tax. Please note that the discount is only available through the booking link.
Click here to register for Part 1, Part 2, or the whole event. CiviCore Giving Platform clients will be given first right of refusal until April 30th. At that time, registration will open to other organizations.
Presentations and materials from our 2018 Collaborative are available in our online Giving Community. Click here to see what last year’s attendees learned. And stay tuned for updates on this year’s theme and agenda coming in the next few months!
“There were some great breakout sessions and speakers both days! Learning from my peers, their best practices, and strategies was extremely beneficial.”
– Janet Karcher, San Angelo Community Foundation
“The sharing of specific strategies and ideas for overall Giving Day management was really helpful. Also, I enjoyed the discussions surrounding product improvement and upcoming releases.”
– Amanda Hutchings, Shasta Regional Community Foundation
“The opportunity to make connections with other organizations was the best part. To learn about others’ challenges and wins, what is working for them and what is not, and the opportunity to develop our own Value Prop were all extremely valuable. As a result of this event, our team will create our own Value Prop at our year-end meeting.”
– Kathy Miske, Home Instead Senior Care Foundation